skip to content

Student Complaints

The University is commited to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and affirms the rights of all of its members to be treated with dignity and respect.  The University will not tolerate harassment of one member of its community by another nor sexual misconduct.  The University takes allegations of harassment and sexual misconduct very seriously and may take action, including disciplinary action, in response to a complaint from a student.

In addition to the University's general Discipline regulations, the University has specific policies regarding student harassment and sexual misconduct, which can be accessed on the righthand side of this webpage in the 'Related Links' section.

The procedure for handling student cases of harassment and sexual misconduct is different to other procedures as it gives more control to the complainant, the involvement of students is not included on their University student record and no penalties can be forced upon the respondent student.  Students can also be involved in this procedure without needing to inform anyone else in the University:

Any questions about the Procedure and associated policies should be directed to the Office of Student Conduct, Complaints and Appeals (OSCCA) at or 01223 765440.