skip to content

Student Complaints

If you are are dissatisfied with a decisions you have received from one of the following University bodies, you can request a review by completing the Request for Review form within 14 days of receiving the written decision:

  • Applications Committee of the University Council (allowances of terms or allowances to candidates for examinations)
  • Board of Graduate Studies (any decision taken by the Board or on its behalf including decisions relating to exam allowances, intermission, return to study and removal from the Register of Graduate Students)
  • Faculty Board of Clinical Medicine (additional attempts at 2nd  & Final M.B. examinations)
  • Faculty Board Veterinary Medicine (additional attempts at 2nd & Final Vet. M.B. examinations)
  • Faculty Board of Law (additional attempts at the Examination for Professional Exemption)
  • Decisions relating to reasonable adjustments or alternative modes of assessment
  • Decisions not to allow a student who has completed the B.A. Degree to progress to Part III of the Tripos for M.Eng., M.Math. or M.Sci. Degree
  • Decisions of the Study Away Risk Assessment Committee for applications for students to work away

All forms will be considered in accordance with the Procedure for the Review of Decisions of University Bodies. You should not include unnecessary information about other people in your request.

Appealing Fitness to Practise Decisions

If students are dissatisfied with the decision they have received through a Fitness to Practise Procedure, more information can be found about appealing the decision here.